Thursday, May 16, 2013


Triple Play


I love black and white and this season there is more than ever to chose from.  Last week during a 30 percent off promo at Banana Republic, I picked up this black and white vertical-stripe top.  I'd seen a look on Pinterest that utilized this vertical stripe in a jacket and I thought it was a terrific switch-up on the much more common horizontal stripe.

The top is silk with a bit of spandex, so it fits and feels wonderful.  I'm thinking of things and looks I want to take on my Paris trip at month's end and know this top will make the cut.

Outfit one contains mostly new items in the jacket, shoes, skirt and top.  The necklace is more than a year old.  I know both the jacket and skirt will pack well, resist wrinkling and are the perfect weight.  The skirt's already traveled to Florida.  The jacket looks more polished than a cardigan, but has the same comfort of a sweater.  Look three changes up the skirt for a pair of black matte jersey pants and changes out the pink peep-toes for nude pumps.  I untucked the blouse and added a black/white patterned belt from Ann Taylor.

I know this blouse will get a lot of mileage on its own and as a layering piece.  The matte jersey pants are an all-season travel essential.  I'll be able to wear them overnight to Paris and not walk off the plane a wrinkled mess.  They're the perfect travel pant. 

All these pieces were purchased either on sale or with a percentage off offer.  The striped top is not currently available on the BR website, but can be found in stores. 

Outfit Details: Ponte Knit Skirt - Talbots;  Knit Jacket - Macy's; Striped Top - Banana Republic; Peep-toe Wedge - Talbots; Matte Jersey Wide-Leg Pants - Talbots.

3 comments:

  1. Cute blouse, Sandy! And it's the little white sweater/jacket! I bought it and have already worn it twice since seeing you blog it. Thanks! (Paris! Jealous! Would love to go back...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete