Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Mellow Yellow

This is one of my very favorite color combinations that I don't wear enough.  And while pattern mixing may not be for everyone, done well, I love it, believing it takes ordinary to extraordinary.  This skirt caught my eye in the Talbots May catalog, but sometimes I shy away from patterns on the bottom--I've a lot of real estate in that body area.  They are also more of a styling challenge, once worn with the easy solid color top look where is there to go?

On the hanger, this look made me go, "hmmm?" Once on it was love at first sight. It's a great summer mix of colors and the individual pieces can work so well with other existing wardrobe pieces.  The yellow in the skirt is a beautiful tone--bright sunshine captured in pattern, what's not to love? The blue and black in the sweater works beautifully with the skirt, but the sweater is lovely on its own.  The scarf adds a lovely extra dimension with its bandana print. And  there's a darling tee tucked up under the sweater that has a sweet bit of cut-out lace at the top. 

Outfit details:  Floral Sweater - Talbots; Skirt - Talbots; Tee - Talbots; Scarf - Talbots; NecklaceShoes - Michael Michael Kors via Macy's.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, have you thought about wearing this skirt with Talbot's Water-Flower Cardigan, E235315? It has the yellow/golds in it. I have a version of this skirt, and I like the two paired together.

    ReplyDelete