Tuesday, May 7, 2013


These Short Were Made for Walking


Saturday's Clinton Kelly Style event featured a number of outfits featuring shorts. The models ranged in age from teens to 50ish and selected ensembles reflected trends appropriate for each age group.  Shorts went from very short and casual for the teen and to progressively longer the older the model.

I know many women of a certain age think they can't wear shorts because their legs have issues.  From wrinkled knees to varicose veins our legs change as we age. My own legs have never been my best feature--they are short, I'm hippy and I don't have trim ankles.  I'm not beating up on myself, they get me where I want to go--they are sturdy.   So despite their imperfections, I like the comfort and freedom of a pair of shorts if they are the appropriate length.  I'm loving all the length choices out there.  There is a length out there--more flattering than a crop pant.  If you wear skirts and dresses, you can find an attractive and flattering pair of shorts. 

I love the corals and oranges out this season, but I don't care for them with black.  That combination just screams Halloween to me--sorry if it's one of your favorites.

I do, however, love orange and navy (despite the fact that they are the school colors of dreaded athletic foe UVA).  Adding a wedge gives the outfit a bit of polish and for even more polish, you might substitute a jacket for the sweater.

Outfit details:  All Talbots - Charming Cardigan in Pink Flamingo; Paisley Slub Knit Tee; Twill Bermuda Short; Belt (old); Shoes (old); Necklace (old); Bracelets (old).

No comments:

Post a Comment