Monday, January 27, 2014

January is for Savings

 

I admit it, I'm a sucker for a bargain, I'm that person that a marketer loves, give me a discount and I'm on alert.  And markdowns on markdowns hook me every time. 

Like the lemmings (or maybe salmon, I'm not a fish person, but love a simile or metaphor) I will swim upstream for a great deal.  With each day providing an offer for additional percentages off sale and clearance merchandise, it's the perfect time to replenish, stock up, or replace. 

On a hunt to put some camel, one of those perfect neutrals in my wardrobe, I snagged this dress on major discount.  It's ponte, long-sleeved, what's not to love?  The camel is an extraordinary animal, capable of living in extreme tropical temperatures without water.  I expect this dress to have that same staying power and usefulness in my wardrobe -- only smell a great deal better.

To make the decision to keep or return, I put this dress to the test with existing wardrobe pieces.  I styled it a number of ways, here's two.

Outfit DetailsLeft: Dress - Talbots, this one appears sold out online (similar); Jacket, belt, scarf - Talbots (old); Tights - Hue; Booties - Munro via Nordstrom.  Want these.
Right: Same dress, Jacket, belt, scarf  (old) - Talbots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment