Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Black & Blue


It's another gloomy day here and still a bit on the chilly side.  Needed to break out of the jeans, but dresses, skirts or shorts don't work for me on rainy days--except, of course, in the stifling heat of July and August when they are a welcome respite.

But here and now, I'm over this chill spring with its intermittent sunny days.  So while there isn't much blue in the sky, I can put some 'blue skies' in my outfit with these cobalt pants. I lighten up the look with this, now on sale, cap sleeve blouse from Loft.  It's a great piece that will travel well, can be dressed up or down and should work well into the summer because of its sleeve.  I jazzed up the neckline a bit, and should have taken a close-up, with two rather than one necklace.  A multi-strand pearl and chain from Talbots a few years back and a two-strand gold and pearl necklace from JCrew. Another tip from Mr. Kelly was to mix your metals.   A basic black jacket finished the look, both for warmth and polish.  Had to go with flats--I'm breaking these in for Paris wear at month's end--it's a walking and standing kind of day.

Outfit details:  Jacket - Talbots; Blouse; Colored Denim - Talbots; Belt - Ann Taylor; Shoes - Miz Mooz; Necklaces & Bracelets - Personal collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment