Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Old Items, New Twist





I've been feeling a little less than fashion inspired during this after the holiday welcome to crummy January weather period.  So when a fellow fashionista posted some inspiration photos over the weekend intending to use them as her week's outfit inspiration, I had an "ahah" moment. 

Today's inspiration was an animal print coat paired with black and red.  It was a beautiful, yet simple outfit.  Just for fun I did a 'wear to work' outfit and my real outfit.  The color/print combination easily adapts to office or casual.  I added the scarf because I don't wear turtlenecks as a rule (I have that awful extra flesh bit hanging below my chin--ewww), so I often wear a scarf, even at home, to keep my neck warm. 

Outfit details - Left --  Coat - Banana Republic (fall); Sweater - Ann Taylor (fall); Tee - Talbots (old); Slacks - Talbots (very, very old); Shoes - Ellen Tracy via Lord & Taylor (old); Handbag - Michael Kors via Nordstrom.

Right -- Changed out dress pants for Cords - Talbots; Leopard flats - Talbots; Scarf - Talbots.

I didn't include links as none of the pieces were new.  You can find the original pictures on Facebook on Shop Your Closet.  How are your dressing during these often dreary winter days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment