Friday, January 24, 2014

If there are Bargains, It Must be January



Today I note that it's STILL January, a balmy 8 degrees this morning and our 10-day forecast looks as if I've been relocated to maybe Minneapolis.  Nothing against Minnesota or Minneapolis--I've some lovely friends there--but I'm suspicious of a city where the buildings are all connected by skyways and it isn't because of the hot and humid summers.

We all know that January is bargain bonanza month.  Likes Sirens the discounts lure you to spend the six cents you have left after Christmas. 

But I have been looking for several things--a new, heavier sewing machine, a new coat, wool or cashmere sweaters, items in camel, cobalt or gray. 

Last week at Lord & Taylor clearance items were an additional 50 percent off and there was a coupon for an additional 20.  (There's always a coupon at Lord & Taylor.)  I scored five items, all at about 70 percent off their original retail.  (Math isn't my strong suit, so I can't provide exact percentages--I need Math Head for that and he's at work.)

One of the L&T scored items was this cashmere, black-watch plaid sweater.  It's shorter length allows it to work with a tucked or untucked shirt or blouse or long tee.  Additional pluses were that it is warm without being heavy (now that I don't go to an 85 degree office daily, I get lots of wear from these warmer sweaters and on a day like today I feel as if I could wear two) and I'm a sucker for the pattern.

Outfit Details:  Sweater - Lord & Taylor (it's on the boxy side and runs large, I'm wearing a Large Petite); Shirt (old) - JJill (this one is similar, but they have quite a selection); Cords - Talbots (old); Shoes - Michael Kors via Nordstrom.

Happy Friday, scored any bargains lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment