Saturday, May 10, 2014

Channeling Audrey


Not too long ago someone on Facebook posted a copy of a Talbot's Collection Look Book from the Michael Smaldone days.  I think Michael is a creative genius and am only sorry he is no longer Creative Director of one of my go-to stores.

Anyway, looking at the contents of that collection reminded me that I had this skirt, this Pantone color of the year, lilac skirt.   In the Look Book it was paired with a white, collared blouse and worn with a wide black belt.  I loved the white blouse, nixed the black belt for this more summer- like jute one. Because it is on the long side, I tried it on with several different pair of shoes.

Just for fun, because it is sunny and warm and racing season (one of these days I'm going to attend the Kentucky Derby again, attending when you are two doesn't count for the bucket list), I threw on the hat the for the last look. 

I felt Audreyish and Lucyish (with out Ms. Ball's red hair, however) and very fifties.  Somehow, it reminded me of my mom.  And I loved it.

Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day Weekend, whether because you are one, because you have/had a great one, or both. 

Outfit Details - Skirt - Talbots (old from 2010); Blouse - Talbots (old); Belt - Chicos (old); Necklace - JCrew (summer 2013); Shoes I - French Connection via  Nordstrom; Shoes II - Talbots (old); Shoes III - Boutique Blowing Rock NC (summer 2013). 

Which shoes do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment