Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer Blues


This unusual cool, low temp and humidity weather we've been experiencing has made it far too easy to look toward fall fashion.  In fact, it's been difficult to resist both purchasing, revisiting and wearing fall favorites.  But I know that fall and winter will seem endless come February and then I'll be yearning for temps warm enough to break out spring things. 

The grass is always greener...whether it be the forest green of fall or the bright green of spring.

So for now, I'm making myself hold off on wearing fall color combinations and new fall purchases.  It's an endurance test, one I hope to win.

Talbots came out with a blue and black collection in July and as it's a color combination I love, I scored a few pieces. It's also provided me with the basis of my August fashion strategy.  Mixing the new with the old and revisiting some spring pieces is helping me to weather these last days of summer. Combinations of  blue, white and black--with an occasional white and black thrown in for variety-- are seeing me through the month.  What's your strategy?


Outfit Details:  Jacket - Talbots (old, similar here and here); Blouse - Talbots (old, similar here ); Jeans - Talbots (old, similar here ); Belt - Talbots ; Shoes - old Jessica Simpson via Macy's.


No comments:

Post a Comment