Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Chiffon and Leather


Taking some 2014 trends for a test drive in this post.

I really like the look of leather, or as is the case in this jacket, faux leather, mixed with lace or some other feminine detail. 

So this Ann Taylor sheer-yoked top with the cotton lace collar provides that 'sweet' detail to soften the black leather moto jacket. 

This would work great with denim, but as it was a 'date' night, I dressed it up a bit with black ankle pants.  Love the way a nude pump lengthens my legs. 

The final touch was the high-low necklace look that I faked with two necklaces I already had.  Ear sparkle was provided by an ancient pair of skinny, dangle sparkly earrings.  (And I do mean ancient, I think one of the girls wore these to one of their proms.  Sometimes being a pseudo-hoarder is a GOOD thing!)

Outfit Details:  Jacket - Calvin Klein via Lord and Taylor on winter clearance in January; Top - Ann Taylor (love it in the blue/gray tone also); Pants - Calvin Klein via Lord and Taylor (January Clearance); Pumps - Michael Kors (old); Necklaces - Gifts (old).

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment